Thank you for subscribing to Listagun. This Getting Starting Guide will show you how to set up your Listing Defaults, create a Listing, and manage your Auction after the Item has been sold. You will be creating and managing your GunBroker.com® Auctions in minutes. Before you create your first Listing with Listagun, you will want to set up your defaults and profiles. After you’re done, follow the instructions under “Listings-Create a New Listing” to create and launch your first GunBroker.com® Auction with Listagun. Once your Item is sold simply go to the “Orders” page to manage and complete your sale.
Note: The program currently does not work in the Internet Explorer web browser. It does work in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Listagun requires that you have an established GunBroker.com® account in order to list Items for Auction on their website. Your Gunbroker Account must be set up for checkout in order for the Listagun program to connect to GunBroker.com®. Go to your GunBroker.com® account and locate “Checkout” in the left-hand column. Under “Checkout,” click on “Setup.” Check the box under “Enable Checkout.” You do not have to enter anything in the “LOGO URL” box. Click on the “Save Changes” button.
The following sections show you how to easily set up key Listagun settings. The program allows you to save common entries within your Listing Descriptions so that they don't have to be entered ever again.
Selecting the "Payment Profiles" option within Listagun’s "Settings" menu allows you to create multiple Payment Profiles for the different payment options you will accept for the different types of items you list. For example, your payment options might be different for a scope than a firearm. Click on “Settings àPayment Profiles.”
1. Click on “New.”
2. Enter a name for the new Payment Profile in the "Profile Name" field; i.e. Firearms.
3. Select the "Payment Methods" check boxes that you will accept for this type of Auction Item.
4. Click "Save." The new Payment Profile will be displayed within the "Payment Profiles" list on the "Payment Profiles" page. You can create and save different Profiles for all of your payment possibilities.
Selecting the "Shipping Profiles" option within the "Settings" menu allows you to create multiple Shipping Profiles for the different types of Items that you list. For example, your shipping options might be different for a scope than for a firearm. Click on “SettingsàShipping Profiles.”
1. Click on “New” to display the “New Shipping Profile” page.
2. Enter a name for the Shipping Profile in the "Profile Name" field; i.e., Firearms.
3. If you are dealing with international shipping, make sure that the "International Shipping" option is set to "Yes" by clicking "Yes" within the "International Shipping" box.
4. Select the appropriate shipping class(es) that you would like to associate with this Shipping Profile.
5. Make a selection from the "Shipping Paid by" drop down to indicate who will be responsible for shipping costs.
6. Select the "See Item Description" check box if you will include shipping costs in your text when you describe your Item.
7. Click "Save." The new Shipping Profile will be displayed on the "Shipping Profiles" list within the "Shipping Profiles" page.
Selecting the "Phrases" option within the "Settings" menu displays the "Phrase List" page, as shown in the following illustration. You can create phrases commonly used for different items that you can insert later into your Item’s description based on the type of Item you are selling; i.e., for a rifle, you might commonly use the phrase “Rifling is high and strong“ in your description. Click on “SettingsàPhrases.”
1. Click on “New.”
2. Enter the text for the new Phrase in the "Phrase Text" box; make sure that it's something that highlights something positive about the condition of the Item, or something that will serve as a call to action for prospective Buyers.
3. Click "Save." The new Phrase will be added to the "Phrases" list on the "Phrases List" page.
Selecting the "Listing Defaults" option within the "Settings" menu displays the "Manage Listing Defaults" page, shown below. Use the "Manage Listing Defaults" page to set the defaults for your "Create New Listing" page. Setting these defaults will greatly lessen the amount of time that it will take you to create Auction Listings. Use the steps below to successfully set your Listing Defaults. Click on “SettingsàListing Defaults.”
1. Indicate the default condition for an Item by selecting the "Factory New," "New Old Stock" or "Used" radio button.
2. Click "Yes" or "No" within the "FFL" box to indicate whether or not the Item has to be shipped to a FFL dealer.
3. Enter your zip code; Listagun only works for Items sold within the United States.
4. Enter any additional information that you want to include at the bottom of all your Auctions.
5. Select either the "Auction" or "Fixed Price" radio button as your default "Listing Type."
6. Make a selection from the "Duration" drop-down menu to choose how many days you want the Auctions to last.
7. Select the Payment Profile that you'd like to be your Default Payment Profile from the "Payment Profile" drop-down menu.
You can always change any of the defaults you have set up, either from the “Settings” page or from the “Create New Listing” page as you create your Auction!
Listings are the Items that you want to sell at Auction through Gunbroker.com. When you use the "Create New Listing" page to create a new listing, you will complete the information required for your Auction Listing. The defaults you have preselected in “Settings” will help speed the process along. After you have created your listing you can 1) launch the Auction to GunBroker.com®, 2) save it to edit and launch it later, or 3) schedule it to launch at a specific time and date in the future.
The "Item Details" portion of the "Create New Listing" page, shown below, allows you to enter your specific listing details.
1. Enter a Title for the new Listing in the "Title" field.
2. Subtitle- Select the "Additional Charges" check box and add a subtitle if you wish. Remember that GunBroker.com® charges extra for a subtitle.
3. "Item Condition" field is preselected based on your Listing Defaults. You may change it if you wish.
4. “Zip code" field is preselected based on your Listing Defaults. You may change it if you wish.
5. “FFL” field is preselected based on your Listing Defaults. You may change it if you wish.
6. Enter the "Serial #," "Inventory #" or "UPC" number associated with the Item.
7. Enter a “Category” number for the Item in the "Category" field, or click "Browse," to select a Category from a drop-down menu, and click "Submit" to select it.
The "Item Description" portion of the "Create New Listing" page, shown below, allows you to personalize the Items that you list with images, a text description and text phrases that will help those Items quickly sell. Follow the steps below to successfully personalize a Listing. Please note that you can upload images of your Item in either .JPG, .GIF or .PNG format.
1. Click "Add Files" to add pictures to the new Listing. An "Open" dialog allows you to you locate the image, or images, that you want to use, and you can either click “Open” to add them or simply drag and drop them into the Image area.
2. Close the “Open” dialog that opened up and click "Start Upload." When the "Upload" process quickly completes, notice that the image has been 100% uploaded to the system, and that the size of the file is also indicated.
3. In the "Description" portion of the screen, add descriptive text that highlights your Item.
4. Click "Phrases." A "Phrase List" dialog, box is displayed. If you added Phrases using the “Settings-Phrases” function, you will have a list of Phrases to choose from. Simply select a Phrase on the list to add it to the Item's description. The Phrase will be added wherever you placed your cursor in your description.
Continue on to the "Item Info" section of the "Create New Listing" screen to complete your listing information.
1. “Listing Type” field is preselected based on your Listing Defaults. You may change it if you wish.
2. “Duration Field” field is preselected based on your Listing Defaults. You may change it if you wish.
3. Click either "Yes" or "No" within the "Auto Relist" box, depending on whether or not you want to automatically relist the Item once the Auction has ended.
4. Enter a "Starting Bid," "Reserve Price" and "Buy Now" price for the Item in their respective text boxes. Enter 0 if there is no Reserve Price.
5. Payment, Shipping Taxes and Premium features will automatically be filled in based on your Default Settings. If you wish to see the defaults just click on the heading. You can also change anything for this specific listing by clicking on the headings and changing the entries
6. Private Information: Enter your cost for the Item, where you are storing the Item and the employee that purchased the Item in these boxes. This information will be useful later when you go to ship the Item and if you want to see how much profit you made on the sale.
You can now post your Auction on GunBroker.com®, save your Listing without listing it on GunBroker.com®, schedule your Listing to be posted to GunBroker.com® at a later date and time, or see the fees that GunBroker.com® will charge you to post this Listing.
To see the fees that GunBroker.com® will charge you to post this listing, scroll to the top of the screen, click on the “More” button and click on “Check Fees” button.
To post your Listing to GunBroker.com®, scroll to the top of the screen and click on the “List Item” button.
To save your Listing, scroll to the top of the screen and click on the “More” button and click on the “Save Item” button.
To schedule your Listing to post to GunBroker.com® later, scroll to the top of the screen and click on the “More” button. Click on the “Schedule Item” option, enter a time and date, and then click on the “Submit” button.
Listagun will automatically send the following email to your winning bidder after the Auction has closed. (The actual email will reflect the payment and shipping options you selected for the Auction.)
“Congratulations on winning the above GunBroker.com® Auction. Please send a Certified Check or USPS Money Order or Money Order for $12.00 + the amount for the shipping method you have chosen to the address listed below. If your Auction included a credit card payment option, please call us at the phone number listed below. If your Auction was a Layaway Auction and you want to use the layaway option, please send 1/3 of the total now and the remaining 2/3's within 60 days. If your Item requires that you send us a copy of a receiving FFL Dealers license, please include it with your payment or have your dealer email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Please have them reference the GunBroker.com® Auction and your name when emailing us their FFL. Also please reference the GunBroker.com® Auction Number with your payment. After we receive payment and ship your Item, we will email you with shipping information.”
Sellers Name, Address, phone number and email address will be displayed.
Selecting the "Orders" option on the "Menu" list at the left-hand side of the screen will display all of your Sold Listings as well as actions that need to be taken to complete the sale.
Each Order on the "Orders" list displays an icon indicating whether or not an Item was sold at Auction () or at a Fixed Price () as well as the "Title," "Date," "Buyer," "Cost," "Sold," and "Date Ended" information for each sale. Additionally, the "Actions" column contains icons that indicate the status of a sale, including whether or not Payment has been received (), whether an FFL is required or has been received (), and whether or not the Item has Shipped (). You can use the “Search” function to locate a specific Order by Auction Title, Buyer Name, etc. This can be useful in applying payments or locating information for a specific order.
Selecting an Item on the "Orders" list within the "Orders" page displays the "Order Details" page for that Order. From the “Orders Details” page, you can record receipt of payment and FFL, enter the receiving FFL dealer information, enter shipping information and email it to the buyer, print a packing slip, and send out payment reminders and feedback reminders.
The “Snapshot” portion of the page shows you the Actions that still need to be taken to complete the sale. The "Buyer Details" portion of the page shows you all of your Buyer’s information, while the "Item Details" portion of the page shows you the details of the Item that you sold.
The Buyer’s information is automatically filled in. You can edit a Buyer's details by clicking "Edit" within the "Buyer Details" portion of the page.
Once a valid FFL License has been received for an Item, you can enter it by clicking "Edit" within the "FFL Details" portion of the “Order Details” screen. Simply enter the FFL Information in the fields and then click "Save.” The FFL indicator will now change to show received.
You can apply payment information as you receive payment on an Item by clicking "Edit" within the "Payment" portion of the “Order Details” page. The "Edit Payment Details" dialog is displayed. If the payment is a one-time, or single payment, select that radio button, select the "Mark paid" checkbox and click "Save" to process the payment. The payment will be reflected within the "Payments" portion of the screen, and the "Snapshot" portion of the screen will also be updated.
If the Buyer is using the "Layaway" option, and is sending a partial payment, select the "Layaway" radio button, and then select a value from the "Number of Parts" drop-down menu to reflect the number of payments that you have agreed on and click “Save.” Enter the payments as you receive them.
The payment will be reflected within the "Payments" portion of the screen, and the "Snapshot" portion of the screen will also be updated.
You can update Shipping information after you have billed the item for shipping by clicking "Edit" within the "Shipping" portion of the page. The "Edit Shipping Details" dialog is displayed. Select the "Yes" radio button for “Shipped“ if the Item has been shipped. Select the "Yes" radio button for “Send Email” if you want to send the Buyer an email with all of the shipping information.
Click within the "Date Shipped" field to select the date that the Item was shipped, using the Calendar. Enter the Carrier that you are shipping by and the tracking number for the package, and then click "Save." The shipping information changes will be reflected within the "Shipping" portion of the screen, and the "Snapshot" portion of the screen will also be updated. Your buyer will receive an email detailing the shipping information that you entered.
Once the selling process for an Item has completed, you can print the details of the Order for any number of uses by clicking "Print” on the "Order Details" page. The "Order Details" printout opens in a new browser window. Either click the "Print" icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to print from your browser, or click the "Download" icon to download the file to your computer and print it locally.